Conservation roof windows
Two of these conservation options (the FTP and FTW) come complete as a kit with flashing and insulation collars. There are two choices when selecting a kit: ‘V’ and ‘J’. These indicate varying levels at which the roof window can be installed within the roof structure. For example, when choosing a flashing to lift the window by 3cm from the standard ‘V’ level, the N variations will be suitable. On the other hand, ‘V’ is a standard installation level whereas ‘J’ is recessed – 3cm below the ‘N’ level.
- Roof windows in this category are designed to meet planning requirements in conservation areas, or for the development of historic buildings.
- Its characteristic feature is a black vertical mullion bar down the middle of the window and its black cladding. Making it suitable for traditional construction.
- Ultimately, this maintains the character of unique, stylised buildings from the outside while simultaneously creating a comfortable, modern interior.
- Most of our standard windows are available in this version, including: centre pivot, preSelect (top hung and centre pivot), roof access and raised axis windows.
- Conservation roof windows are manufactured in P2 (as standard) and P5 glazing options but other glazing types can be requested.
- External colour – RAL 9005